3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C
3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C slices through carbon steel with 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain and generates up to twice the cut-rate, durability and life of other fibre discs—all with less grinding pressure. This means less operator fatigue, faster throughput and more parts per disc when tackling high pressure grinding applications such as medium to heavy-duty stock removal.
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C is well-suited for edge chamfering, beveling, removing carbon steel welds and much more. Proprietary 3M™ Cubitron™ II Products have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. 3M engineers started with 3M Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain Technology to generate triangular shaped grains that are electrostatically oriented on the backing to form sharp peaks and maximize cutting potential. These peaks act like individual cutting tools that slice through metal and continuously shelf-sharpen as the points break off. The grains wear evenly and self-sharpen, reducing heat due to friction for up to twice the life of other fibre discs – all with less grinding pressure. The result is that 3M™ Cubitron™ II Discs out cut and outlast every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive disc on the market, maximizing productivity and minimizing operator fatigue. 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Discs are heavy-duty discs ideal for weld removal, grinding and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces. They feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanized fibre that resist wear and can handle tough grinding applications.
- To be used with right angle grinders
- 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- These discs lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasives— wears evenly, runs cool and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding and beveling
- AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF GRADES AND SIZES: 4.5/36+ & 7/36+